Having a small space set for a living room functionality does not mean little or no comfort at all.On the contrary, it means maximum comfort for you.You can turn that small space into something so wonderful and amazing that will make almost everyone envious.
To make that a dream come true, here are some easy and good to work with ideas of decorating small living rooms:
1. Wise Furniture Selection
When looking for furniture, choose the best fit for your space as well as your comfort.Go for the piece that will work best for its functionality.Having the right take will bring out your living room as more spacious and posses good functionality.
To have that right choice of the furniture, here are some things you should have in mind:
- Never have the thought of going for small sized furniture just because you have a small space.Sometimes having a little big furnishing brings out a wonderful and arresting look for small rooms.Having a sofa accompanied by a chaise lounge can at times improve the quality of the space in terms of size and functionality.
- Select small movable pieces that can always be reshuffled.Having 2 to 3 small portable sofas are easy to put aside to create room for children to play.
- Try to incorporate small round pieces to a square shaped room.Round tea or coffee tables, curved sets of sofas and round ottomans give flow to a given space.The idea is that it translates small space into soft, cozy and luxurious space.
2. Apply Decoration Skills and Tricks
There is one thing you cannot do, that is changing the size of the room, but there is another you can do,making the space appear big.This is simply by putting in place a big colorful piece of art on the wall.A big well painted piece is much more attracting rather than many small dispersed pieces.
3. Improvise Storage Strategies
To make the small room function even more better, look for pieces of furniture that have in them small hidden storage devices.A table with shelves, bins or even slide baskets will save more of the space as opposed to a table and a separate bin on the same room.
- Also keep thing like bookshelves always clean and arranged to make the room more bigger and lively to be in.
- Choose a pair of slipper chairs without those bulky arms that reduce space and cause tension in the whole room